Who we are?
MUJI Ireland is a part of the Global MUJI Group. MUJI is a minimalist Japanese retailer with a wide range of generic products, including apparel & home goods.
When do we collect information?
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an
individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include
data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data
about you which we have grouped together as follows:
• Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
• Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address
and telephone numbers.
• Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and
other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
• CV Data includes details about your past employment, your contact
details, your address and your phone number.
• Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your account login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
• Account Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases
or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey
• Usage Data includes information about how you use our website,
products and services.
• Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in
receiving marketing from us and your preferred method to receive such
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a
purchase, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the
website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
To personalise your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of
content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
· To improve our website in order to better serve you.
· To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer
· To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
· To quickly process your transactions.
· To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
When you make a purchase with us, we need to share certain elements of
your information with our delivery partners in order to complete your
delivery. We also use this information to communicate with you when
necessary, screen our orders for potentially fraudulent activity and when
in line with relevant consent that you have provided, provide you with
additional information in relation to our products.
We may need to share your information for legal compliance and
regulations. We will not share any of your details with any other third
How do we protect your information?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, and contractors who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breaches and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
· Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
· Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
· Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
What rights you have over your data?
If you have an account on this site, or have placed orders, left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. To request an exported file of your personal date or to request the erasure or your data, please send your request to email@example.com Third-party disclosure We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.